Before I Get There
Do I Need Physical Therapy?
Physical therapists are experts in movement. Reasons to attend physical therapy can be easily separated into two basic groups.
- During rehabilitation, a patient is working towards returning to a prior level of function. This is a patient who may have pain, decreased strength, decreased mobility or difficulty with movement in general. This group also includes patients recovering from surgery, trauma or overuse type injuries.
- Preventative or Performance Care
- At this stage, a patient is most concerned with making improvements to an already healthy body. Often this patient is preparing for a competitive sport, trying to pre-emptively combat the effects of aging, or looking to improve upon their ability to complete an activity. Do NOT wait for pain to attend Physical Therapy.
Kauno does not believe in a "Maintenance Stage". As long as you are attending Physical Therapy, there should always be set goals and a detailed plan on how to achieve your goals.
Do You Treat My Condition?
This is a simple question with a complex answer. The only way for us to truly determine whether you would benefit from treatment by our providers is to speak with you! If after speaking with you we determine that you are not a candidate for our services but instead would benefit from a differnt type of healthcare service, we will happily refer you to the appropriate provider.
Do I Need To Get a Doctor's Referral?
In California, Physical Therapists are autonomous healthcare practitioners who are available via direct access. This means that you are not required to obtain a physician's referral in order to begin Physical Therapy treatment. However, we will happily keep in contact with your doctor in order to ensure that he, or she, stays informed and is active in your rehabilitation process.
When I Get There
How Do I Book An Appointment?
The easiest way to book an appointment is via phone, email or through our contact form. We will contact you at your earliest convenience to discuss all relevant details regarding your treatment.
What Do I Bring to My First Appointment?
We will need a few things to ensure a succesful initial evaluation.
- Comfortable Clothes!
- Please dress in clothes that allow the area to be treated to be easily exposed, allow you to move freely, and that you are comfrotable wearing.
- All Relevant Paperwork and ID
- Including Insurance Information, Identification, and any forms we sent you prior to your first appointment.
How Long Does an Appointment Last?
One of the many things that separates Kauno from other Physical Therapy Clinics is our long treatment times. Our therapists need enough time to effectively assess and treat you, in order to have you improve in a timely manner. Because of this we our treatment times are much longer than the industry standard and range from 45-60 minutes.
Do You Take Insurance?
At Kauno, we accept most insurance plans. Dealing with insurance companies can be extremely confusing. Avoid the stress and confusion by allowing us to handle the bulk of the paperwork for you. Contact us for more details.
- Contacting your insurance company to verify your benefits, deductible, copayments, and coinsurance
- Filing your insurance claims
- Monitoring your insurance authorizations, the number of authorized visits, and prescription expiration dates.
What If I Don't Have Insurance?
If you do not have out of network insurance benefits, don't fret! Contact us and we will go over our treatment prices and packages in order to get you on the path to achieving your goals.